17/07/2008

Music today

Hanoi Rocks: The Nottingham Tapes DVD
So today I´m listening and watching some finnish music: Hanoi Rocks. Hanoi Rocks have been my favorite band since I was just a little kid. I heard their song called "Taxi Driver" from radio, I think year was 1982 or 1983 and after that I have been listening to this band for over 20 years, so I have spend almost my whole life as being fan of this band. I´m now watching their DVD called "The Nottingham Tapes," which was filmed on 23.04.1984 at the Palais in Nottingham, England. Quality of this DVD isn´t so great, but all that energy and that they have rock attitude....you just can´t find anything better! My favorite songs from that DVD are "Mental Beat," "Back to Mystery City," "I Feel Alright," and "Underwater World." You can find this DVD from www.cdon.com. I think you can order that DVD there if you are living in Europe.

I´m still waiting for re-release of their official video "All Those Wasted Years." You can´t find any official version of that DVD now, but I just have to hope that they will release that someday.

This is so important band for me that I should write something about their history here, but maybe I will do that later. Meanwhile you can check their official website: www.hanoirocks.info or www.hanoi-rocks.net, which isn´t official website, but it tells you about their early history until year 1985.

Mötley Crüe: Live at US Festival 1983 Video
Well...Vince Neil is really awful singer and they don´t play very well, but there is again something I like about this: their energy, attitude and how great performance they are giving to their audience. Those 80´s bands might look stupid now when you are watching them, but at least they are not boring. They really looked like rockstars! Now there´s just too many boring bands now: they just look like as everyone else in this world. They just play their songs and that´s all. Favorite songs from that video: "Looks that Kill," "Bastard," and "Shout at the Devil."

You can find this gig as DVD called "Broadcasting Live," but quality is awful. Sound is nice, but picture is really bad. Maybe they just don´t have those original tapes left anymore, so DVD is probably made from VHS tape. Again if you´re living in Europe you can order that DVD from www.cdon.com, www.amazon.co.uk or www.play.com, but I must warn you: don´t buy that if you are not really big fan of Mötley Crüe...quality is so bad.

Other bands tonight:
Lauri Tähkä + Elonkerjuu, Hardcore Superstar, Levellers, Joy Division

No comments: